Saturday 14 July 2012

Louboutin fakers - hold your heads in shame!


Poor Christian Louboutin. He has been desperately trying to protect his famous red soles over the years, and has waged war against brands such as Zara and YSL.

Unfortunately, the latest dilution of the Louboutin brand comes in the form of painting the soles of your shoes red. Yup, you heard me, women are heading in their droves to paint stores and buying up tester pots of red paint, and staff have even been asked for advice on how to paint on to rubber and plastic! Outrageous if you ask me. Much as I would love to strut around in my own pair of Louboutin heels, I can't imagine going as far as painting the soles of a pair of Topshop courts. For me, the pleasure comes from owning the real deal, not from pretending that my cheap shoes cost me an arm and a leg.

I really feel for Louboutin. On the one hand, it's great that so many women lust after his shoes, but if women are content with simply painting their own shoes, the Louboutin brand is really going to suffer. I would much rather wait until I have saved up enough money to buy a real pair, but apparently I'm in the minority, and the majority want red soles, and they want them now!

Much love, Bemsy x

No comments:

Post a Comment